Say hello to my FAVOURITE new 21 day fix recipe. I am obsessed with it 🙂
If you’re following the 21 day fix plan, this recipe contains 1/2 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow, 2 greens. To find out more about the plan, please join my free Facebook group.
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
Ingredients (serves 3):
250g cooked lentils
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. mixed herbs
1 tbsp chopped tomatoes (from a can)
Handful of chopped parsley
Cooking oil spray
For the mash:
1 cauliflower (approx 500g)
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp chives
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and chop the red onion and the garlic for the meatballs
- Spray the cooking oil into a frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until the onion has softened.
- Once softened add to a food processor with the remaining meatball ingredients (leave one tbsp of the nutritional yeast out for coating) and pulse for a few seconds only. If you don’t have a food processor mix well in a large bowl then mash slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 9 balls, then coat in the remaining nutritional yeast.
- Using the same frying pan as before cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly.
- Whilst the meatballs are frying start preparing the ingredients for the cauliflower mash. Chop the cauliflower into small chunks, then place in a pan of boiling water, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and leave until softened (10-15 minutes)
- Remove the meatballs from the frying pan, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower has softened, drain, then add to a food processor with the rest of the mash ingredients, pulse until combined and creamy. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash with a potato masher or use a hand blender.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Love from Stacey x