PURPLE sweet potato pie 🥔🥔
Anyone ever tried purple sweet potato before? It’s a locally grown staple of Hawaiian cuisine and is super rich in flavour and PACKED with nutrition.
Purple sweet potatoes are also known as Okinawan potatoes, and they share the same starchy sweetness of orange sweet potatoes. Like orange sweet potatoes, they are lower in carbohydrates and fat (than white potatoes) and an excellent source of fiber and vitamins. Additionally, purple sweet potatoes are packed with anthocyanins, which may have anti-inflammatory properties. 😘😘
I absolutely LOVE this recipe, it’s so sweet and delicious, I hope you like it too 🙂
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
If you’d like to be kept up to date with what I’m cooking and get my recipes first, I also have a private Facebook Group, feel free to join here: Happy & Healthy
Ingredients (makes 4):
For the base:
300g ground almonds
9 tbsp maple syrup
90g desiccated coconut
For the filling:
1 large purple sweet potato
3/4 can coconut milk
100g maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of you pie tins with coconut oil.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a large bowl then transfer them to the tins, press firmly into the tins, making sure it is even on the sides and bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Bring a medium pan of water to boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 10 minutes. Drain then put them in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the pie filling ingredients and blend on high until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pie filling into the tins. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy with your choice of toppings.
Love from Stacey x