I love you all with every BEET of my heart, seriously I really do! Thank you so much for all your support, I couldn’t be happier with how this blog is developing and with the community of followers I have on Facebook and Instagram, that are all enjoying my recipes.
It’s been a week of celebrations, I’ve just got my 19,000th follower on Instagram and I’ve been chosen as a finalist for 2 awards. One of which is for this blog and it’s a Northern Blog Award in the Healthy Eating Category.
So I thought I’d post this recipe as it’s soon become my FAVOURITE meal. I’ve developed a new beetroot burger, which combines 3 of my favourite ingredients: beetroot, sweet potato and avocado. It’s truly amazing.
Let the BEET drop! 😘
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
If you’d like to be kept up to date with what I’m cooking and get my recipes first, I also have a private Facebook Group, feel free to join here: Happy & Healthy
Ingredients (makes 12 burgers):
60g ground almonds
150g sweet potato
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
2 X 400g cans of chickpeas, drained
1tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
120g chickpea flour
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Avocado and ground flaxseed to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and roughly chop the beetroot, sweet potato and red onion, then place into a food processor along with the garlic. Blitz until all the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Place the chickpeas in the food processor and blitz again, until finely chopped, then transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl and mix in the chopped parsley, spices, ground almonds and chickpea flour. If the mixture is still quite wet, add in more ground almonds.
- Roll the mixture into balls then flatten into burger shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve inside an avocado and sprinkle your ground flaxseeds on top.
Love from Stacey x