I’m so sorry for being really bad with posting lately, I’ve had such a busy month, moving house, so much work and it’s been my Dad’s wedding so I’ve had time off for that too 🙈
I’m back now, and pleased to say – I haven’t stop making recipes, I just haven’t had the time to post them, so I’ve got lots of new ones coming your way soon. Starting with this DELICIOUS butternut squash, vegetarian lasagne.
When making this the butternut squash sheets need to be really thinly sliced, in order to cook through, so I would recommend buying them pre-cut. I found mine in Sainsbury’s.
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
If you’d like to be kept up to date with what I’m cooking and get my recipes first, I also have a private Facebook Group, feel free to join here: Happy & Healthy
Ingredients (4 servings):
300g mushrooms, sliced
95g goats cheese
300ml soy milk
400g butternut squash, thinly sliced (some supermarkets sell pre-cut butternut squash sheets)
5 tbsp. buckwheat flour
5 tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp. coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Place your buckwheat flour in a saucepan, turn on the heat, then slowly add in the milk, whisking as you go to ensure it isn’t lumpy. Keep whisking constantly over a low heat until it starts to thicken, then add in your nutmeg and nutritional yeast whilst continuing to whisk. Set aside until later
- Heat your oil in a frying pan and gently fry the mushrooms and garlic for 2-3 minutes, then add in the kale, and 50g of the goats cheese and leave for a further minute.
- Place a thin layer of your white sauce at the bottom of a lasagne dish, then add a layer of the butternut squash sheets, then the mushrooms, repeat, then finish with another layer of butternut and white sauce to top.
- Heat in the oven for 30-40 minutes, then remove and sprinkle the chopped parsley and remaining goats cheese on top. Place back in the oven for 4-5 minutes, then serve.