OMG – be prepared to fall in love. I’ve made these for 7 of my friends now and all of them LOVED them. If you’re vegan – you can have these without the goats cheese and just add 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast into your burger mix.
I love using beetroot in my recipes, not only does it make them so beautiful and super tasty, beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants – a health-food titan.
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
Ingredients (makes 6 – 3 servings)
220g beetroot (about 1 1/2 beets) peeled and grated
1 X 400g can chickpeas, drained
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. chopped parsley
90g goats cheese
3 tbsp. ground almonds
1. Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash slightly, (not too much, you still want some chunky bits in there)
2. Fry the onion, until soft, then add in the crushed garlic and grated beetroot. Cook for about 4-5 mins.
3. Add the beetroot mixture into the bowl with the chickpeas, add in the apple cider vinegar, chopped parsley and ground almonds and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into burgers. If you’re finding it difficult to form the burgers add a little bit more ground almonds.
5. Place them in the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
7. Bake the burgers for 25 minutes in the oven, then add your slice of goats cheese on top and put back in the oven for another minute.
8. Serve – I had mine with rocket and sugarsnap salad 🙂
Love from Stacey x