This is definitely a smash hit!! 😍 It’s the most amazing potatoes I’ve ever had.
If food lacks colour, then it lacks nutrients, right??? NOT in the case of potatoes. They’re high in potassium, fibre, vitamin b6, vitamin c and magnesium. They even have more potassium than bananas! One medium potato with skin provides 18% of the recommended daily value of potassium. You say potato, I say potassium. 😘
I’ve even made a video of this recipe to show, just how easy it is to make, take a look:
There are so many options to serve this – it would make a great accompaniment to a roast (if you’re not a veggie), but for me I had it with garlic mushrooms and loved it.
If you do make any of my recipes, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the potatoes:
500g baby potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
For the pesto:
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 tbsp water
For the mushrooms (optional):
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50ml coconut milk
1 tsp olive oil
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, leave for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pesto, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a thick paste is formed. Set aside until later.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Once the potatoes have softened slightly (you’ll know when they’re ready as a knife will slide in and out of them really easily), drain and then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes in half and smash slightly with the bottom of your pan. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper, then bake for 25 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil for the mushrooms in a frying pan. Slice the mushrooms, then fry for 2-3 minutes. Add in the crushed garlic and coconut milk, leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are ready, remove from the oven, top with your pesto and mushrooms and serve (I’ve also added an extra teaspoon of nutritional yeast to top mine, which gives a delicious cheesy flavour 😍).
- How AMAZING are they???
Love from Stacey xx