Do you have an un-healthy obsession with crips/chips? Let me help you with that……. These delicious chickpea crispies make a tasty and nutritious snack, or add them to soups and salads to add a nutritious crunch (I add mine to everything, check out my beet hummus breakfast)
I’ve used dried chickpeas to make mine, but you can also use canned chickpeas (just skip step one in the recipe as you won’t need to soak them).
Chickpeas are great for vegetarians and vegans as they add protein to your meal, but there are lots of other health benefits too including: they’re high in soluble and insoluble fibre (which helps to lower cholesterol levels), the protein and fibre increases satiety and promotes weight loss, they’re high in copper and iron, which provides an energy boost and they also contain zinc, which boosts the immune system.
If you do make these, please tag me in your posts on Instagram I’d love to see your creations and use the hashtags #staceyhogan #happyandhealthy
Makes 2 snack portions or 4 toppings (for soup/salad etc).
100g dried chickpeas
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight (skip this step if using canned chickpeas)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Drain the chickpeas, then pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Add to a bowl then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins.
Love from Stacey x